The scope of the work includes inspecting various flood-prone sites, repairing fences and levees, clearing out unruly vegetative growth, and removing debris that could either cause flooding or block service roads.
Six project sites are expected to receive maintenance throughout the month of May:
- Upper Morrison Creek from Stockton Boulevard to S. Watt Avenue beginning Thursday, May 4
- Sacramento River at North Miller Park beginning Tuesday, May 9
- Union House Creek from Stockton Boulevard to Lower Morrison Creek beginning Thursday, May 11
- Cascade Ditch beginning Thursday, May 11
- Arcade Creek from Roseville Road to Marysville Boulevard beginning Tuesday, May 23
- Lower Morrison Creek at Beach Lake beginning Thursday, May 25
Each project is expected to take several weeks for crews to complete. City staff will be working to connect with — and provide services for — community members affected by the maintenance.
For more information, check out our guide on what to do if your home is flooded.