There’s no dodging Cupid’s arrow — Valentine’s Day is here. Whether you’re celebrating your friendships or sugaring up your sweetheart, we’ve got last-minute Valentine’s Day ideas that will have you loving love.
🌵 Get fantastical with botanicals
If you’re quick, you might have your pick of bouquets using same-day flower delivery. (We’re eyeing those locally designed arrangements.)
Or, get creative and nab a potted plant from these plant spots. Nothing says forever like a hardy succulent.
- The Plant Foundry, 3500 Broadway, Sacramento
- Talini’s Nursery, 5601 Folsom Blvd., Sacramento
- Matsuda’s, 10600 Florin Rd., Sacramento
🥂 Keep spirits up
If you didn’t score reservations, don’t overthink… grab a drink. The following spots have weekday happy hours:
- Revolution Winery & Kitchen | Monday-Friday, 3-6 p.m. | With deals on vino + eats, wine club members can enjoy happy hour all day on Wednesdays.
- University of Beer | Monday-Friday, 3-6 p.m. | Keep it casual. With 40+ taps of craft beer, UOB’s $7 drink specials are a perfect way to do your own special-curated beer tasting.
- The Green Room | Wednesday-Sunday, 3-4:30 p.m. | The only thing that beats $3 Montucky Lager is $5 drafts of every other available brew.
For more options, check out our happy hour guide.
🌟 Go stargazing
It doesn’t get much more idyllic than bundling up and looking at the stars. Grab some blankets (and maybe a hot drink) and head to one of these spots away from man-made light to take in the sky.
- Community Observatory | 6699 Campus Dr., Roseville
- Ice House Observation Point 1 | Ice House Road, Eldorado National Forest
- Foresthill Bridge | Foresthill Road, Auburn