We’ve heard you, Sacramento. We’ve received a super-sized amount of feedback that our original list of eight burger spots wasn’t enough, so it’s time we play ketchup.
Without further ado, we’ve got 24 burger joints around the Farm-to-Fork Capital for you to check out.
🍔 West Sac
- Whitey’s Jolly Kone | 1300 Jefferson Blvd. | Since 1963, this family-owned burger stand has been a West Sac staple with a menu that also offers burritos, tostadas, and soft-serve.
- Broderick Roadhouse | 319 Sixth St. | Having recently returned to their original West Sac location, Broderick’s award-winning Johnny Cash burger is quite a taste to behold — and we promise it won’t make you “Hurt”.
- Willie’s Burgers | 2415 16th St. | Serving up chili burgers — or Slammers — to hungry guests for 30+ years, this iconic eatery is known for staying open until 3 a.m. on Fridays and Saturdays.
- Burgers and Brew | Locations vary | With 20 different kinds of burgers to choose from, a variety of local beers + specialty dishes — like its Gladiator Fries — there is something for everyone to enjoy at this regional restaurant.
- Suzie Burger | 2820 P St. | A fun, diner-like atmosphere permeates this one-time auto garage that now serves cheesesteaks as well as burgers.
- Burger Patch | 2301 K St. | Home of the Patch Burger, this plant-based burger shop also offers plenty of gluten-free options. Heads up: Be sure to ask for safe cross-contamination practices if you are a celiac.
- LowBrau | 1050 20th St. | While it may be best-known for its various sausages, the LB Burger + its pretzel bun are not to be slept on.
🍔 Colonial Village
- Squeeze Burger | 5301 Power Inn Rd. | We can’t NOT include Squeeze Burger on this list. The cheese skirt of their namesake sandwich is iconic, having been deemed worthy by the mayor of Flavortown himself.
🍔 Curtis Park
- Scott’s Burger Shack | 4127 Franklin Blvd. | This South Sac burger shack is home to the Fatboy Combo — a half-pound burger topped with everything, large fries, and an extra-large soda.
- Pangaea Bier Cafe | 2743 Franklin Blvd. | Pangaea’s signature burger has won the Sacramento Burger Battle multiple times, including in 2015, 2016, and 2018.
🍔 Carelton Tract
- BBQ & Burgers | 2114 Sutterville Rd. | Grab a Spicy Brisket Burger topped with its signature barbecue sauce for the best of both worlds.
🍔 Land Park
- Dad’s Kitchen | Locations vary | Dad’s Burger — which cannot be cooked well-done — has been featured on The Food Network along with its beer-battered onion rings.
- Burger Junction | 7900 Florin Rd. | Pick up a Giant Junction, which features a half-pound patty topped with pastrami + cheese.
🍔 Sierra Oaks
- Ettore’s Dessert and Cakes | 2376 Fair Oaks Blvd. | The dessert bakery’s award-winning burger is topped with sautéed mushrooms, Swiss cheese, lettuce, tomato + herb mayo on its signature cheddar scallion bun.
🍔 North Highlands
- Lou’s Drive-In No. 2 | 6229 Watt Ave. | An old-school burger stand that also specializes in small dishes like deep-fried mushrooms + mac and cheese bites.
- Skip’s Kitchen | 4717 El Camino Ave. | We’re all about the B.O.M. Sliders — which stands for bacon and onion marmalade.
- Flaming Grill Cafe | 2380 Watt Ave. | You can get your burgers made from exotic meats like elk, gator, and even ostrich. Enough said.
🍔 Fair Oaks
- Sunflower Drive In | 10344 Fair Oaks Blvd. | Want all the burger flavor but none of the actual meat? The Nutburger — which, you guessed it, is made from nuts — is right for you.
🍔 Hollywood Park
- Jointed Cue Billiards | 2375 Fruitridge Rd. | A pool hall with an award-winning, grass-fed burger that also serves lumpia + carne asada fries? Say less.
🍔 Tahoe Park
- Village Drive-In | 3810 60th St. | This 1950s-style burger spot also has Slush Puppies which are a fantastic way to compliment its giant burgers in the summertime.
🍔 East Sac
- pure soul plant-based eats | 715 56th St. | Enjoy the “plant-based comfort foods” pure soul offers in the form of their Badu Burger — named after the Godmother of Soul.
- Bones Craft Kitchen | 113 D St. | If you like your burgers with some extra heat, the El Diablo Burger — topped with pickled jalapenos + spicy steak sauce — is right up your alley.
🍔 Citrus Heights
- Crepes & Burgers | 8000 Auburn Blvd. | Can’t decide between breakfast + a burger? Grab the Louie Burger and enjoy bacon and an over-medium fried egg as toppings.
- Krush Burger | 1151 Galleria Blvd. | Krush’s variety of gourmet mini burgers — like the Cowbell with bacon, crispy onions, and barbecue sauce — are great for both feeling like a giant + stuffing your face.
Did we miss your favorite burger place? Let us know.