Sacramento’s biggest rock and heavy metal music festival is upon us as Aftershock prepares to kick off Thursday, Oct. 5-Sunday, Oct. 8.
No need to be quaking in your boots about what to expect: We’re here to give you a complete guide to the festival, so you can rock and roll all night and party every day.
🎸 The bands
More than 90 bands will grace the event’s four stages at Discovery Park across its four-day running time. Some of the big names performing each day include:
- Incubus, 7:20-8:20 p.m., Shockwave Stage
- L7, 8:20-9:10 p.m., Coors Light Stage
- Avenged Sevenfold, 8:25-9:55 p.m., Jack Daniel’s Stage
- Limp Bizkit, 6:35-7:35 p.m., Jack Daniel’s Stage
- Godsmack, 7:40-8:50 p.m., Shockwave Stage
- TOOL, 8:55 p.m.-10:45 p.m., Jack Daniel’s Stage
- 311, 7:20-8:15 p.m., Jack Daniel’s Stage
- Turnstile, 8:20-9:20 p.m., Shockwave Stage
- Korn, 9:25-10:45 p.m., Jack Daniel’s Stage
- Rancid, 5:25-6:15 p.m., Jack Daniel’s Stage
- Queens of the Stone Age, 6:20-7:20 p.m., Shockwave Stage
- Guns N’ Roses, 7:25-10:25 p.m., Jack Daniel’s Stage
Set times for each band, as well as which stage they’re performing on, are listed on the official mobile app, which can be downloaded for free.
🚗 Getting to the show
There are two entrances concertgoers can use to get into Discovery Park, one off Garden Highway to the north and another off Jibboom Street to the south.
There is no parking inside the festival grounds.
Visitors are encouraged to use rideshare services, take advantage of free SacRT service to and from the festival, or purchase a Park and Ride pass which will allow them to park at Cal Expo during the festival. The Sacramento Area Bicycle Advocates have also partnered with the concert to provide a free bike valet service at the Jibboom Street entrance for anyone who wishes to head to the concert on two wheels.
🍻 The experience
Music isn’t all there is to see, with food vendors serving up grub, a whiskey bar from Metallica’s Blackened Whiskey, artist signings at fashion brand The Pretty Cult’s tent, and more for visitors to enjoy in between some sweet headbanging.
Tickets for the event are still available to purchase, with one-day passes at $164.99 for Saturday and $154.99 for Thursday + Sunday (Friday passes are sold out), and four-day passes available for $429.99.