With spring in full swing + winter well behind us, it’s time to say “out with the old.” Spring is the season of rebirth, so why not give new life to like-new or gently used items?
In the spirit of spring cleaning, we’ve rounded up a few Sacramento organizations that accept donated items, help locals in need + support community causes.
If you’ve got a lot to give, like clothing, furniture, appliances, entertainment + toys, these organizations provide reused goods for those in need at affordable prices.
- The Salvation Army accepts car donations.
- The Society of St. Vincent De Paul, Sacramento Diocesan Council offers furniture pickups.
- Goodwill Sacramento Valley even has some technology recycling centers for bigger donations.
- WEAVEWorks Recycled Fashion, part of the local nonprofit that helps survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, and sex trafficking, has new + gently used clothes for women and men on its wish list.
- Fabulous Finds on Fulton accepts clothing, furniture, and homegoods for resale.
- Drop off your underused baking + cooking supplies at Sacramento Discovery Shop, open Wednesday-Saturday..
- Sacramento Loaves & Fishes needs childcare supplies + clothing to provide resources to parents in need.
- If you have usable tech like laptops, Free Geek collects technology for educational use.
- Habitat for Humanity of Greater Sacramento uses donated equipment + furniture to build homes — whether you have leftovers from a project you didn’t complete or can reuse supplies from a remodel. It will also pick up pre-approved car donations.
- Don’t have much to get rid of this year? Vitalant is always in need of blood if you are able to donate.