Now more than ever, data shows that consumers are experimenting with what it means to be “sober curious.” The result has been a spike in sales of non-alcoholic beverages and a declining interest in alcoholic drinks.
Here are a few stand-out stats:
- Total dollar sales of non-alcoholic beverages grew by 20.6% between August 2021 and 2022. Non-alcoholic beer accounted for 85.3% of those sales.
- 36% of US consumers reported to have “lost interest in drinking alcohol in general” while 13% reported to be “interested in alternative non-alcoholic beverages.”
- Sales of non-alcoholic beer, wine, and spirits rose from 0.22% of total alcohol sales in the US in 2018 to 0.47% in 2022.
- Global Market Share predicts that the non-alcoholic drinks market will grow to $30 billion by 2025.
Wanna know where you can enjoy a mocktail in Sacramento? These are some of the local spots we love + what to drink there:
- Bottle & Barlow, 1120 R St. | Check out their Island Boy Mule — which combines flavors of lime + pineapple with pandan — and get yourself a fresh haircut while you’re there.
- Iron Horse Tavern, 1800 15th St. | Come for the Guava Have It, featuring a refreshing medley of guava, lemon, orange juice, soda, and syrup, and stay for the mac + cheese bar.
- 🍹Mas Taco Bar, 3535 Fair Oaks Blvd. | It isn’t Taco Tuesday without a Virgin Mas’garita — the Arden-Arcade eatery makes it with agave, lemon, lime, orange + soda.
Did we miss one of your favorite mocktail spots? Let us know.