Ready to play your part? We’re seeking some monumental feedback on local film history.
It may come as a shock, but Sacramento has produced more than its fair share of talented filmmakers and actors. And with “Barbie” out in theaters today — written and directed by Sacramento’s own Greta Gerwig — we thought it would be appropriate to ask the question: Who would you put on Sacramento’s Mount Rushmore of film?
To give you a hand, we’ve got 10 nominees (paired with one of their projects to jog your memory) for you to choose from — and even have a blank space if there’s someone you feel we forgot.
Your nominees are:
- Greta Gerwig, Writer/Director — “Lady Bird”
- Jessica Chastain, Actor — “The Eyes of Tammy Faye”
- Ryan Coogler, Writer/Director — “Black Panther: Wakanda Forever”
- LeVar Burton, Actor — “Roots”
- Tom Hanks, Actor — “Saving Private Ryan”
- Pat Morita, Actor — “The Karate Kid”
- Ray Collins, Actor — “Citizen Kane”
- Brie Larson, Actor — “Captain Marvel”
- Sam Elliott, Actor — “A Star Is Born”
- Brenda Song, Actor — “The Suite Life of Zack & Cody”
Voting will be open until Monday, July 31. The top four vote-getters from that ballot will then be featured in a special newsletter celebrating their achievements, with visuals of what we think their mountain would look like, of course.
If you need help brainstorming, go ahead and consult online lists of various local artists (we won’t tell).