Designated in 1990, Native American Heritage Month was established to recognize important contributions made by our nation’s first peoples and their rich and diverse cultures.
Groups in the Sacramento area include:
- The Shingle Springs Band of Miwok Indians
- Jackson Rancheria Band of Miwuk Indians
- The United Auburn Indian Community
- Buena Vista Rancheria of Me-Wuk Indians
- The Ione Band of Miwok Indians
- Wilton Rancheria
Saturday, Nov. 11 | 11 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Led by Karuk basketweaver Dixie Rogers, she demonstrates the fine art of basketweaving in an educational and hands-on experience.
Native Arts & Crafts Market
Friday + Saturday, Nov. 24-25 | 10 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Shop local + purchase unique gifts for the upcoming holidays (or just because). Expect a variety of products, activities + more.
Museum Store Sunday
Sunday, Nov. 26 | 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Celebrate Museum Store Sunday with the State Indian Museum + get a free tote bag with any purchase, while supplies last.