With Sacramento County officials issuing a state of emergency this week, we’ve rounded up what you need to know about the virus, as well as where to receive the vaccine + other local resources.
Need to know
- 82. That’s the number of both confirmed + probable cases of monkeypox in Sac County as of Wednesday afternoon.
- The county’s state of emergency grants greater access to federal funds + will help “ensure uninterrupted access to resources necessary to lessen disease transmission” according to Don Nottoli, chairman of the County Board of Supervisors.
- As of Wednesday afternoon, our county has received 4,728 doses of the JYNNEOS vaccine, which is approved for individuals 18+ who are at high risk for monkeypox infection.
- Pucci’s Pharmacy at 3257 Folsom Blvd. is the only pharmacy in Sacramento currently administering the JYNNEOS vaccine. Schedule an appointment
- The Sacramento LGBT Center hosts vaccine clinics, with the next one scheduled for Sat., Aug 13 from 3-6 p.m. It has also put together a digest of resources to learn more about treatment, prevention, and more.
- Stay up-to-date with the county’s resource page on the monkeypox virus.