What services does 211 provide?

It has a little something for everyone.

The California State Capitol lit up at night

We’re here to help, and so are they.

We’ve explained before how Sacramentans can call 311 to find the right city department to answer their burning questions, but for residents outside of city limits — or with more personal issues — 311 isn’t always the best option. Thankfully, 211 is available to help.

211 is an information + referral service for residents looking to connect with community-based health and human services. Staff members are on standby 24/7 to assist callers looking for services — ranging from transportation to financial assistance — in a variety of languages, including English, Spanish, Hmong, Thai, Lao, and Mien.

If you don’t like talking on the phone (we definitely avoid it at all costs), 211 uses a database of 1,600+ public agencies and nonprofits that community members are free to browse as well — whether they’re looking for the latest information on COVID-19, need help finding child care as they enter the workforce, or would like assistance locating the right behavioral health services. Seriously, 211 has it all.

Still haven’t found the answers you’re looking for? In addition to 211 + 311, Sacramento also offers 511 for travelers to get traffic information or find others they can carpool with, and homeowners should call 811 at least two days before digging on their property so crews can come out and mark utility lines.