We might be known for our big-named acts, like CAKE + Deftones, but we think Sac’s up-and-coming artists are pretty special, too.
Whether you’d like to see promising musicians and comics in the River City — or if you’re one yourself who needs some help finding the best spot — here are six open mics across Sacramento to check out.
- Musiclandria | Second Fridays | 6 p.m. | 1219 S St. | $10 | Based at Sacramento’s first-ever library dedicated to musical instruments, there’s a one song limit per artist — with original tunes strongly encouraged.
- Luna’s Café & Juice Bar | Thursdays | 8 p.m. | 1414 16 St. | Free | The long-running “Joe Montoya’s Poetry Unplugged” event is great for musicians + poets alike. Pro tip: The intimate venue also hosts a stand-up open mic on Wednesdays.
- Kupros | Tuesdays | 7 p.m. | 1217 21 St. | Free | It’s all about feeling the vibes from live music at this weekly event, with an earlier Happy Hour jam session running from 5-7 p.m.
- Sacramento Comedy Spot | Tuesdays | 8 p.m. | 1050 20 St. | $6 | Whether you’re just starting on the stand-up scene or have been around the block at the Lavender Heights comedy house, everyone can participate + hone their skills. Pro tip: Signups end 30 minutes before showtime.
🎤 Land Park
- STAB! Comedy Theater | Thursdays | 9 p.m. | 1710 Broadway Blvd. | Free | Test out new ideas or refine your stand-up act in five-minute, rapid-fire sets.